Finally complete! After spending 1 month assembling this kit and nearly another 4 months finishing it, this has been my longest project to date. Spent countless late nights working on it and while it doesn’t look very radically different from the OOB appearance compared to my previous kits I did the most work on it ever.
Full loadout – front view.
I was expecting Zeta Ver.2.0-levels of articulation from this guy but the old-style hip joints really limited the articulation range.
Ended up with only 2 action poses…
But the real star of the party is coming up – Waverider Mode!
As with all the other transformable Zeta-type kits, transforming was a pain made worse by the additional complexity on this kit. I ended up taking it apart to transform. The head and arms were detached to make it less hellish to transform. However the lower leg mechanisms were still confusing as ever and made for lots of sweaty hands and chipped paint.
Profile view. Not sure why I can’t get the nose to be straight and not pointing downwards.
The full writeup and remodeling explanation are located here. So stoked to have finally finished this guy! 🙂