HGUC Sazabi WIP 2.1

For the past month I’ve been doing everything except touch the Saz. I think the mess it’s in right now is killing my motivation further. I started my new job a week ago but so far it’s fairly easygoing for me – nothing but learning Japanese, and most of the material has been a repeat of what I’ve learned this year elsewhere. We haven’t been assigned anything else to do and have been going home after our 3-hour classes, so my afternoons are mostly spent either in Second Life or napping. Anyway, I can’t evade the main issue so after a long time languishing in my drafts folder since my previous WIP post I’ve finally gathered enough material to cook up a new update.

2013-07-08 16.30.46

Since my last update I did a little more work on the shoulders. Adjusted the edges of my epoxy mess on the pauldrons, and stuck some Kotobukiya thruster cones to fill up the empty hole. They’re currently mounted on ball-shaped joints but I’m not sure if they look a little plain. I’m finally getting close to what I wanted them to look like but I’m still lazy to add in the details. I’ll leave them as they are for now and start on the rest of the body. It kinda kills progress if I keep on working and getting stuck on the same body part.

2013-06-22 23.48.38

In the meantime I started to work on the torso, and went on several more resupply trips, of which I stopped taking photos of altogether later on.

2013-06-22 17.42.45

Right now there’s a fairly large pile of Kotobukiya and other aftermarket plastic bits and pieces all over my table. Realised the Sazabi’s hands are slightly larger so I might save these hands for another project in future. Since I’m at it I might as well go all out and replace the power cables on the collar and waist. I finally managed to find some square-shaped plastic bits on another supply run so I can at least replace some of the existing square details if I need to.

2013-07-08 16.35.20

The cable on the collar was fairly easily done using a single length of brass wire and threading the metal parts and plastic remains onto it.

2013-07-08 16.35.29

Not so for the waist though – while I started with a single length of wire as well the springs were four separate sections and they kinda run all over the place. I’ll have to think of a way to get at least the springs to stay in their positions. I’m wondering whether I should make the torso longer. It’s a lot of work and I’m really lacking motivation when it comes to this sort of stuff though. By the way, armpit heat sinks heh.

So, to the backburner and onto the head. I think I might have had enough of all the epoxy putty work heh. Plus I still haven’t put my plastic bits to good use yet.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s