After roughly a week of working on this guy, I’ve managed to get a bit done.
The greatest roadblock so far – the sanding nightmare that is a total of 32 individual tube pieces. Unlike the MG Zaku II Ver.2.0 family of kits, there is not sliding assembly method for the power conduits. It will take some nimble fingers to sand the parting lines on all these bits.
To make things slightly easier, I simply used a piece of runner to hold them and sand them down.
But I think much more sanding is needed to get all the curved surfaces nice, smooth and flawless. I’ll be tearing everything apart to give the sanded bits another round of sanding before priming. I noticed my sanding method is pretty horrible, leaving scratches behind.