I took a few photos of another old kit that I have but they were too horrible to be worth posting. I got a lamp from Ikea last week so I thought I’d try it out and re-took pictures of my old Gundam Mk.II Ver.2.0. I used my trusty point-and-shoot set to ISO 200, -2.0 EV and a 2 second timer for these pictures. The lamp shone from the top right, in front of the background. I think a white board on the left isn’t enough; I should use a second light source to the left to get rid of the harsh shadows.
This is one of my first attempts at top coating and you can see how horrible it is. I realise I try out new techniques on new kits and not old ones. At least this guy was on offer when I bought it.
Never knew how to take care of frosting and either wiped it off with thinner or left it alone as I was afraid of destroying the dry transfers. I never used the stickers except for the sensors on the vulcan pod and the bazooka.
Collapsible shield. The shield connects very loosely to latch that is attached on the arm so it has been broken countless times and you can see the glue marks on the bottom.
I painted the clear parts with clear colours but only the head sensors looks decent – the eyes cannot be seen at all. The chest sensors were done using leftover foil stickers painted clear green. Unfortunately back then I didn’t do any masking so they look frosted.
For some mysterious reason I did cover up the hydraulic pistons though.
Well this goes to show how horrible I was at painting. This guy would have looked better if I didn’t paint it at all.