I have been slacking around lately playing Super Robot Wars W (I’m slow but I already have SRW K) instead of reading my thick library book or working on the Exia, and every time when I do work on it, I take random photos and now I have to try to write a coherent post using the photos I have taken.
First, I did some minor seam line work on the head.
The face is held by the head which consists of two halves and a glaring seam line down the middle.
Unfortunately, the eyes are not made from clear parts. They are fixed inside the head with tabs. To remove the seam line, I cut the joining pegs down.
To allow me to fix the face after assembling the head, I had to cut the tabs on the eyes/chin part.
This is the same part viewed from the back. All the tabs have been cut down so I can slide the face from underneath the head.
The head is cemented together. This is standard seam line removal work. When the cement has dried, the plastic that has oozed out will be removed.
A shot of the head with the seam line removed. I have to try to work on the fins on the sides of the face later on.
I went on to work on the front skirt armour.
As the underside is hollow, I cut out a shaped piece of sheet styrene that covered the hole. This took over an hour to make and completing both sides spanned several nights.
My lack of skill in cutting rigid materials by hand resulted in a less than perfect fit. I will have to fill the gaps with epoxy putty.
I also tried my hand in scribing panel lines. The model is generally fairly detailed compared to the crap that is the Season 2 Gundams. Inspired by keita, I decided to add panel lines to the upper arms.
They’re not perfectly done, so the imperfections will be covered up using Tamiya putty.
The holes on the shield were covered using epoxy putty so that it at least looks like a solid shield rather than a handheld scaffolding. The top half is incomplete and shows the holes.
That’s it, until my next update.