A 1920 x 1200 wallpaper in the style of the professionals. (heheh)
Since the last update, the sniper rifle of the Cherudim has been painted. I finished painting the white bits and am currently left with the red, purple and clear green pieces as well. Unfortunately, I damaged one of the clear parts on the kit.
Right now I’m writing this blog post on my Nokia E71 using a freeware app called Wordmobi . Looks like this works and I can make some of my posts without having to be on my computer.
I’ve just snapped a photo of my current progress with my Cherudim using the pretty crappy onboard camera. I have a feeling the picture won’t show up because the editor linked to the file stored on my phone instead of uploading it.
Anyway, I got tricked by what could possibly be a typo error in the manual’s colour guide. The labels for the joint and weapon colours seem to be mixed up and I now have a miscoloured Cherudim. I’ll just have to make do with how it is.
Because of the construction of the sniper rifle I have to paint the joint, clear part and handles beforehand. After filling the seams on the front half, I masked the joint, painted it and am currently working on the seams for the back half.
Looks like I can’t finish this before school starts. :/
Posted by Wordmobi
Edit: everything works! But the picture is oversized.
I hope I don’t lose karma for mutilating a gift from my friends.
Action shots of the completed 1/100 Gundam Exia.
Pose ripped straight off the last episode.
Finally finished the NG 1/100 Gundam Exia.
Here’s a quick update on my progress with my 1/100 Gundam Exia. Work on my on it has been going on at sporadic bursts and this is what I have managed to do so far.
Sanding and priming were done long ago. Most of the white and gray parts have been painted. Have yet to begin detail work such as painting small areas like the head. This weekend was spent working on the legs and GN Blades which were kept separately from the above parts box.
I guess I was spoiled by the 1/100 00 Gundam as it was engineered to be so easy to paint. I could simply paint sub-assemblies and then put everything together without worrying about seam lines or complicated masking work. The reason why I spent such a long time working on the legs and GN Blades was that there were glaring seam lines down the back of the thighs and the GN Blade hilts. Instead of painting the white parts first and the gray ones last like I did with the 00 Gundam, I had to alternate between white and gray parts as I went along.
For the legs, the upper knee assembly holding the knee guard and the lower leg frame were first painted gray. The white round joint and the thigh assemblies were next. The knee joint and upper leg were then assembled, and the seam lines fixed. Lots of masking tape went into covering up the gray areas on the leg and the fixed seam areas were painted over.
The GN Blades were a slightly simpler affair. The parts were painted in their respective colours. The blades were fixed inside the gray hilts which had a seam line down the straight edge (on the upper sides in the photo above). This was fixed, the blades masked and the area painted over.
These are not the only instances of multiple painting rounds. The GN Sword rifle assembly and the upper arms were done in a similar way. I can also foresee the same steps for the blue strip on the GN Sword that holds the large blade, the shoulders and the arms, to name a few.